Where can you not go?
189 countries without a visa:
Travel worldwide with the German passport
Freedom is a great good, and that includes Freedom of travel. And holders of a German passport in particular have a lot of that. A situation that enables citizens to bypass bureaucratic hurdles and that is the result of diplomatic ties to other countries around the world.
Germans can currently travel visa-free to 189 countries - this is only surpassed by Japan and Singapore. The passports of these two countries open the doors in 190 and 191 countries respectively and secure the first place of the Global Passport Index. Together with Germany, South Korea also takes third place. Finland, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain (188 each), Austria and Denmark (187 each) complete the top 5.
Simply travel from A to B, explore the countries you have always dreamed of and do so without having to apply for a visa, the Germans benefit from this. Apparently, it goes without saying that we assume that our passport opens the doors to other countries for us. We forget that it is not so easy for everyone to travel the world.
The key to 189 countries!
The Henley Passport Index
Various rankings show this imbalance in the countries. The consulting company Henley & Partners, in cooperation with the International Air Transport Association (IATA), analyzes the Entry requirements of all countries and uses this to create the Henley Passport Index every year.
In this way, it was determined which passes have the most advantages or disadvantages when traveling. The index is also a good indicator of a country's economic strength and allows conclusions to be drawn about diplomatic relations.
The top 20 top positions
- Japan (191)
- Singapore (190)
- Germany, South Korea (189)
- Finland, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain (188)
- Austria, Denmark (187)
- France, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden (186)
- Belgium, Norway, Switzerland, United Kingdom, USA (185)
- Czech Republic, Greece, Malta, New Zealand (184)
- Australia, Canada (183)
- Hungary (182)
- Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia (181)
- Iceland, Latvia, Slovenia (180)
- Estonia (179)
- Liechtenstein, Malaysia (178)
- Monaco (175)
- Chile, Cyprus (174)
- Romania (172)
- Bulgaria (171)
- Argentina, Brazil, Croatia, Hong Kong, United Arab Emirates (170)
- San Marino (168)
The complete ranking is available here.
The Arton Capital Passport Index
In addition to the Henley Passport Index, the Arton Capital Passport Index from the Canadian company Arton Capital shows in how many countries passport holders enter without a visa can. It is also listed whether a Visa upon arrival is issued. In this year's Arton Capital Passport Index, Germany no longer ranks first and now shares second place with Austria, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Australia 128 countries in totalthat can be traveled without a visa. New Zealand, on the other hand, secured first place alone.
Before that, the United Arab Emirates occupied pole position in the Passport Index, which slipped to 13th place in 2020 - largely due to the corona pandemic, as many countries continue to keep their borders closed.
Strong paper! Germans enjoy a very high degree of freedom to travel.
The top 20 top positions
- New Zealand (129)
- Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Ireland, Japan, South Korea, Australia (128)
- Sweden, Belgium, France, Finland, Italy, Spain (127)
- Netherlands, Denmark, Portugal, Lithuania, Norway, Iceland, United Kingdom, Canada (126)
- Malta, Slovenia, Latvia (125)
- Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Poland, Hungary, Liechtenstein (124)
- Slovakia (123)
- Cyprus, Croatia, Monaco (121)
- Romania, Bulgaria (120)
- San Marino, Andorra, Uruguay (115)
- Ukraine (111)
- Vatican City (108)
- United Arab Emirates (103)
- Serbia (102)
- Georgia (100)
- North Macedonia (99)
- Albania (97)
- Montenegro (96)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina (95)
- Republic of Moldova (94)
In 35 of the 128 countries you are in enter the country with a German passport without a visa the visa will be issued upon arrival. These include, for example, countries such as Egypt, Cuba, the Maldives or Kenya. German citizens often need a visa, especially for African countries, including Cameroon, Ghana and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. But a visa is also required for travel to China. Many countries have also been in the process of containing the coronavirus Entry bans imposed, including, for example, Cambodia, Colombia, the Fiji Islands and the USA.
At the bottom of the Arton Capital Ranking Afghanistan and Iraq with 31 countries each. Afghans are issued a visa on arrival in 26 countries, only five countries do not require any bureaucratic hurdles - Dominica, Haiti, Micronesia, St. Vincent and the Ivory Coast. Also travelers out Syria (7 countries), Somalia (8 countries), the Yemen (8 countries) and the Iran (6 countries) enjoy very limited freedom of movement. This is partly due to the political circumstances.
The two weakest European passports are that of Kosovo (65th place), with which 44 countries can be entered without a visa or visa on arrival, Belarus (44th place), for which 66 countries open their borders unbureaucratically.
The strongest african passport is that of the island state of Seychelles in the Indian Ocean. A solid 29th place secures residents visa-free travel to 81 countries.
- What is the dirtiest animal on earth
- How fast can a dog run
- Gluten builds up in your system
- How did summer time affect you?
- Is public speaking a science or an art?
- What are active transport and passive transport
- How is the monitoring done for the cloud
- Who are Markforged's main competitors
- Why should you sell a call option?
- Why should we write an article
- Are Obito and Tobi the same person
- What do the Europeans think of Bali
- Contains Amla Ascorbic Acid
- Has Frito Lay drug testing staff
- What is the electoral standard of Thailand
- Why do dogs scratch themselves
- Why don't airplanes have missile repulsion systems
- Why is target marketing so important
- What are the best professional email scraping software
- How does panhypopituitarism affect the body
- What completely absorbs radio waves
- How to get meningitis B.
- Which country uses code 353
- How many neutrons does rubidium have