Is Matthew Bates socially conservative
Handbook of Sociological Theories
Despite all the talk of the crisis, sociology has become extremely productive in recent years. A large number of innovations and further developments can be observed, especially in the field of general theory building. As a result, the spectrum of basic sociological theories has not only undergone a considerable expansion, but has also undergone remarkable changes. The "Handbook of Sociological Theories" gives an overview of the differentiated and widely ramified sociological theoretical landscape of the present. In more than twenty individual contributions, the currently most important international theoretical offers are presented and discussed, from actor-network theory to feminist theories and practical theories to understanding sociology. The easily legible contributions introduce the premises and conceptual starting points of the individual theoretical approaches, outline their conceptual orientations and central lines of argument in a condensed form, discuss objections from critics and countermeasures from their protagonists, and position the approaches in the international theoretical discourse. The Sociological Theories Handbook impresses with the breadth of the selection of theories, its content and the quality of its individual contributions.
Actor Network Theory Anthropology Individualism Critical Theory Phenomenology Social Theory Sociology Systems Theory Weber, Max
About the authors
Dr. Georg Kneer is professor for scientific principles at the Schwäbisch Gmünd University of Design. Dr. Markus Schroer is Professor of Sociological Theory at the University of Kassel.
- Book TitleHandbook of Sociological Theories
- Editors Georg Kneer
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-531-91600-2
- Copyright InformationVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften | Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, Wiesbaden 2009
- Publisher NameVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Science (German Language)
- Hardcover ISBN978-3-531-15231-8
- Softcover ISBN978-3-531-19673-2
- eBook ISBN978-3-531-91600-2
- Edition Number1
- Number of Pages VI, 553
- Number of Illustrations0 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- Topics Sociology, general
Social Sciences, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Someone is making their future freelance
- Is laser eye correction reversible or harmful?
- When was Linux started?
- What are the characteristics of coarse aggregate
- How does climate change affect our future?
- The military is the only choice today
- Can shoot armrests with knives
- How much money is Axl Rose worth
- What can SMS text do
- What is phytoplankton photosynthesis
- What is this game
- Is planet 9 real
- What is the expensive pen in India
- Neurons wire and change constantly
- What is Mongolia's relationship with China
- What if Tesla sensors are obscured
- What is the hierarchy in ISRO
- Are bacteria able to break down inorganic substances?
- Why does Google search so effectively and effectively
- Can humans cause gorillas to develop?
- What tools are needed for cybersecurity analysis
- Moore's Law accelerates
- What is the value of 494
- Why was hope still in Pandora's box?