What does asylum mean
(& copy bpb)In law, asylum means above all protection from danger or persecution
The word asylum comes from the Greek language. The word asylum means: home or accommodation.
Article 16a (1) of the German Basic Law states: Politically persecuted persons enjoy the right of asylum.
This means that people who are granted asylum can live in a safe state.
Politically persecuted means that a state persecutes a person for political reasons. Politically persecuted people live in great danger in their state. Your human rights are not respected. Some people are physically injured, tortured, or even killed.
There are several reasons for political persecution:
- a different political opinion than the state
- a religion that the state does not want
- Homosexuality or transsexuality
To do this, however, they must first apply for asylum. Then the state checks whether the person is politically persecuted. For example, it also checks whether the person has already been granted asylum in another country and has come to Germany from a safe country.
Further information are available here
Drawing: Refugees ask for asylum at a border crossing. (& copy bpb)
Back to the home page: simply POLITICS. Lexicon in simple language
- Alexa will work in Poland
- Why are programming topics so popular with Quora
- Is NMAT easier than CAT
- What's the recipe for being rich
- Pays McKinsey tuition fees for new hires
- What are tentacles
- What do lecturers expect from a student
- Are there really gender brains or not
- What is the term document matrix algorithm
- Who was Georges Badin
- How do you monitor blood sugar
- Why do spinach plants turn yellow
- What is the ranking of Shoolini University
- Boys go swimming in Canada
- Why do we need VHDL
- Are you happy in life
- Powerful people have to be ruthless
- What is digital journalism
- How do I carry a backpack bag
- Counts abuse as torture
- Why did Disney acquire Maker Studios
- Stevie Wonder is still an active musician
- What happened to the Portuguese Empire
- What is the structural formula for fructose