When do we prefer online shopping
These days and times are particularly popular for online shopping
- The payment service provider Klarna handles payment processes for online retailers and therefore has insight into valuable data on customer behavior.
- The company has now published an analysis that shows on which days and at what times Germans prefer to shop online - and above all which products they then buy.
- The most popular day for online shopping is therefore Sunday, and the preferred time is usually in the evening.
In times when people are at home more often because of the Corona crisis, online shopping is becoming increasingly popular. The payment service provider Klarna has now evaluated data from its retail customers, which shows when consumers in Germany prefer to shop on the Internet.
E-commerce revenues have been growing for years. Last year alone, online sales rose by more than eleven percent to a record € 72.6 billion. No final figures are yet available for 2020, but preliminary analyzes already show a significantly increased order volume in the first few months of the pandemic.
According to the Klarna analysis, Germans shop most often on Sundays. This applies to almost all product categories as well as to all genders. However, the popularity of the day varies depending on the segment: Cars and adult products have the highest sales figures on Mondays. Goods from the entertainment, food and drink segments as well as intangible goods are bought particularly frequently on Tuesdays.
While most products are bought between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m., the demand for food and drinks is particularly high at 10 p.m. During this time, an average of 434 percent more sales would be made than at other times.
The end device used to make purchases is also decisive for the shopping time. Consumers who shop using their smartphones or other mobile devices prefer the evening hours. Across all product categories, the most popular times are between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Corona changes shopping behavior
It is also interesting that the pandemic has apparently changed the ordering behavior of Germans. “We found that from 2019 to 2020, in almost all categories, the time when customers prefer to shop has shifted up to two hours forward. More people have been at home this year due to Corona and this is also noticeable in the times when orders are actually placed online, "Robert Bueninck, Klarna Managing Director for the DACH region, told Business Insider.
However, the shopping behavior of the sexes differs in one product category: men prefer to order erotic products on Mondays at 5 p.m., while women prefer to buy them on Sundays at 8 p.m.
- Do plants have morals
- Why is respect important
- How was your first day at IIMA
- What are puffy nipples
- Is cycling really bad for prostate health
- How should I deal with my workers
- What are some prime decomposers
- What is Oracle Cloud On-Premises
- Cossacks are an ethnic group separate from Russians
- What is a good average merlot wine
- Governments use criminals to fight criminals
- How is polyester mixed with elastane
- How do you pronounce silage
- Dehumidifiers prevent mold
- What's the best theater on broadway
- Why are tampons so difficult to insert
- Why is Discount Tire so expensive?
- Google Digital Unlocked is free
- People still use wedding planners
- What Are Some Really Good Casting Agencies
- What do the British call backpacks?
- What is flora and fauna of Goa
- Why were there huge beings in front of us
- When was the Air Force established