What is the Reynolds number 2
The Reynolds number is named after the physicist Osborne Reynolds. The Reynolds number is used in fluid mechanics to determine the type of flow. For a better understanding, the different types of flow are described first.
Types of flow
In fluid mechanics, there are two different types of flow that can occur with fluids (liquids or gases): the laminar flow and the turbulent flow.
In the laminar flow of liquids and gases, there is no turbulence (i.e. eddies / cross flows). This means that the fluid flows in layers that do not mix.
In turbulent flow, in contrast to laminar flow, eddies occur.
In hydraulics, assuming that the fluid flows in a smooth round pipe, the following values for the Reynolds number can be assumed:
Recrit = 2200 to 2300
Re> Recrit => The flow is turbulent
Calculate Reynolds number
The Reynolds number is calculated from the ratio of inertia to viscosity forces. The calculation includes the mean flow velocity [m / s], the hydraulic diameter [m] and the kinematic viscosity [m2/be. The Reynolds number itself has no unit.
The Reynolds number results from the following formula:
vm : mean flow velocity [m / s]
D.H : Hydraulic diameter [m]
ϑ: kinematic viscosity (toughness) [m2/ s]
You can read more about the term viscosity here:
Calculation of the hydraulic diameter
A: flow cross section
U: circumference of the flow cross-section
Calculation of the kinematic viscosity
η: dynamic viscosity [kg / (s * m)]
ρ: density [kg / m3]
The kinematic viscosity in hydraulics is typically in the range between 10 and 100 mm2/ s
The Reynolds number will be of importance several times in the further course of this hydraulics script. It is necessary, for example, when calculating the pipe friction. Pipe friction is discussed in one of the following scripts.
- A stricter school is better
- Write influencer business plans
- How can I score well in VITEEE
- Is Desi Ghee good for a liver
- What are the benefits of BCD code
- How many percent of women smoke
- Why doesn't MIT use the popular app
- Why is dark matter considered exotic
- What is a salt added to water
- What are some great alternatives to Livefyre
- What's your rating of IFTTT recipes
- Good films come out more
- Is it football or soccer
- Can ADHD make you physically weak
- Have confidence in willpower
- Why is x used in algebra
- What are the best restaurants in Sagar
- Questions about project interviews for UI developers
- Where can I sell used ACCA books
- Ice lowers your body temperature
- What is TRF ECS in banking
- Why is a missed opportunity eating you alive
- Do you see my black soul
- How does Netflix charge you
- When was Futurama first canceled?
- Why is democracy slow in making decisions
- Is Apple's random number algorithm bad
- What does BB mean in Grindr
- A computer is required for IT engineering
- What a beautiful lie have you ever experienced
- Do people on Pinterest see your preferences
- How can I learn to master music?
- Are margarine sculptures ever considered art?
- How long does ground navigation usually take