Why did Disney acquire Maker Studios
Disney buys YouTube video provider
The group acquired Maker Studios for $ 500 million. You operate 55,000 channels with 380 million users on the YouTube video platform.
It's a clear sign of the power of online media: entertainment company Disney is seeking help from a YouTube video specialist and paying $ 500 million for a YouTube video provider called Maker Studios. Maker Studios owners can even hope for an additional $ 450 million if certain business goals are met, according to a release late Monday.
Maker Studios operate 55,000 channels with 380 million users on the YouTube video platform. The clips are currently accessed 5.5 billion times a month, it said.
Disney wants to fall back on the one hand on the competence of the video service to bring its own content online, said strategy manager Kevin Mayer the "Wall Street Journal". On the other hand, the media giant wants to check whether formats and stars from the online video scene fit into its own program.
Other studios are also investing
The big media companies have long had their sights on the online video business, but so far nobody has invested as much money as Disney.
The film and television company Dreamworks secured the maker competitor Awesomeness TV for up to 150 million dollars last year. Hollywood studio Warner Bros. invested a small amount in the online video channel Machinima, which specializes in computer games.
(APA / dpa)
- What is an unloaded weight
- What is a characteristic equation
- Why are Chinese Chengyus so powerful?
- How does Shopify PayPal work
- Who is Amanda Lee
- Who was considered the dirtiest boxer
- India lacks Arnab Goswami these days
- What happened to Laika
- How to Learn Spanish Speaking Portuguese
- How to jailbreak a WindowsDS phone
- Tea tree oil is available in India
- Why do I get heartburn with bananas
- Is Facebook too big to fail?
- Swear by alkaline water
- What does the word sir mean
- Can dogs eat yucca?
- How Much Does Laser Skin Resurfacing Cost
- Sings Brian May 39
- Can weight be managed? If so, how
- Why doesn't Nymphadora Tonks like her name
- Hand gesture recognition technology shows promise
- Is there a registered WWE betting website
- How did Mark Shuttleworth become so successful?