How do you cure auditory nerve damage
Hope for patients with nerve damage
Every year around 300,000 people in Europe suffer traumatic nerve injuries. Their treatments can be very tedious and expensive. Damage such as paralysis or sensory disorders often remain permanent. Because so far there are no drugs or procedures that increase the regeneration rate of nerve fibers. That could change now: A team of researchers from the Ruhr University in Bochum has discovered an active ingredient in plants that can significantly increase the regeneration speed of nerve fibers. They now want to test the new active ingredient in the “Parregeron” project on various types of injuries. Your goal: You want to bring a drug onto the market that can help many people affected in the future. The Federal Ministry of Research is funding the project in the measure "Validation of the technological and social innovation potential of scientific research - VIP +".
Plant active ingredient accelerates regeneration
The so-called parthenolide - an ingredient of the feverfew plant - could help many sick people or accident victims in the future. “In our previous studies, we were able to show that the active plant ingredient not only accelerates regeneration after injuries in the sciatic nerve, but also improves the quality. As a result, the restoration of the motor and sensory functions could be shortened considerably, ”explains Dietmar Fischer, head of the chair for cell physiology at the Ruhr University in Bochum.
Active ingredient could also help diabetics
“If the tests show the desired results, we could significantly improve the quality of life for a large number of those affected in the future. In particular, patients who suffer nerve injuries in their legs and arms, for example, and who would normally suffer from permanent paralysis and sensory disorders, could particularly benefit from therapy with parthenolide, ”says Fischer with certainty. In addition, the new active ingredient is also a candidate for the treatment of nerve damage in diabetes or facial paralysis, as nerve regeneration is severely restricted here. “This is a major clinical problem and there are currently no treatment options available,” said Fischer.
The project is currently being funded with 1.28 million euros over three years. The scientists then aim to cooperate with a pharmaceutical company. Starting your own business is also not ruled out.
- Why do people like to write
- Which Google font is similar to Comfortaa
- Does the iPhone 7 support wireless charging?
- How do traditional libraries survive
- What are the most unlikely hit records
- Hitler really only had one ball
- Why doesn't groceries work for me
- Why do IACT telescopes not have a dome
- What is 120 of 99
- How are knowledge and virtue connected?
- Which are chemistry based companies
- Where can I get NS2 tutorials
- Why has cancer become so common these days
- Meghan Markle is Canadian
- What is Narcissa Malfoy's story
- What challenges did you face when marketing music?
- How is the Vipassana Kendra Mumbai
- What are some good real estate developers
- What is meant by ABS in cars
- What are some great awards for developers
- What are the best travel websites
- Who is the youngest Nazi general
- Invest family offices in startups
- How weird is your sister
- How are double duvets made
- What does guru mantra mean
- What is the monitoring and reduction of greenhouse gases
- Who wrote the song Africa
- Why does the VA fail to recognize hyperacusis
- What are some ways to kill microbes
- What makes you a credible speaker
- What does visual merchandising include
- Who was Elanor of Aquitaine married to?
- Who introduced the symbol system for elements?