How do I make my voice louder
Learn to speak louder for effective vocal expression
Your own voice is a powerful instrument. It influences up to 38% how others perceive us; whether they like us, whether we convince and whether we appear self-confident, confident or fearful. If you mumble or speak too softly, it is not only difficult for the listener to understand your words. It also makes you appear nervous, insecure and tense. A pleasant, loud and clear voice, on the other hand, exudes security, competence and strength. But not everyone finds it easy to speak loud and clear. Since the voice influences the external image and thus also the professional success, a voice that is too soft or breathy is a reason for many people to continue their rhetorical training.
But how can you speak louder without yelling and getting unnecessarily hoarse? That depends primarily on how we use our resonance spaces and whether we can tension and relax the vocal cords in the larynx without pressure.
Pronunciation / articulation and body language are also important for effective vocal expression. Find out more about these topics in our blog articles: Improving Pronunciation + 5 Tips to Improve Your Articulation + Learning Authentic Body Language.
Basic knowledge: VOICE
The larynx is located in the uppermost part of our windpipe. In men, the larynx is also called Adam's apple. It is made of cartilage and is hollow on the inside. In the larynx there are two vocal cords (fine, flexible muscle cords) that close our windpipe except for a small gap. This gap is called the glottis.
The vocal cords are loose when breathing is relaxed and the glottis is wide so that air can flow in and out unhindered. When we make sounds, the vocal cords tighten. This narrows the glottis down to a small gap. The breathing air flowing through the larynx causes the vocal cords to vibrate like strings. The trapped air in the airways resonates and a sound is produced.
When it comes to voice resonance, a distinction is made between head and chest resonance. With head resonance, the vibrations of the vocal folds (vocal cords) and the breath in the head are perceived as vibrations; the chest resonance is perceived as vibrations in the chest cavity. Resonance can only arise where vibrations can propagate in a solid cavity. In humans, the skull (head voice) and the chest with its costal arches (chest voice) offer two cavities. If we want to speak with more resonance and louder without overstretching the vocal cords, we have to make these resonance spaces in our body sound. If we don't master this technique, it usually leads to hoarseness and vocal exhaustion.
These resonance spaces can be expanded through relaxation and vocal exercises. This creates a fuller and louder voice and a larger vocal range (pitch and pitch).
Learning to speak louder - exercises for voice and resonance
A loud and clear voice is an important success factor, because the effect on other people depends 38% on the sound of the voice. The voice has a decisive influence on whether we can convince with our personality at job interviews, conferences or meetings. People who speak too softly often ask themselves the question: How can I train my voice?
The following exercises can help you learn to speak at the correct volume without straining your voice.
- Stand relaxed and secure on the floor and breathe in and out evenly. Feel how the diaphragm sinks when you inhale and how it relaxes and rises again when you exhale.
- The next time you exhale, create a relaxed tone that sounds like an even moaning höööööööh.
- Feel the vibrations (resonance) of the sound as you exhale in your chest. (Chest voice) Close your lips the next time you breathe out on high: hö-hömmmmm and watch the vibrations in your head. (Head voice)
- Make sure that the lips are not pressed together, but just touch each other lightly.
These are small exercises to strengthen the chest and head voices. In all vocal exercises, it is important to ensure that, as a layperson, you are careful with your vocal cords and never put pressure on your voice. The vocal cords are very sensitive in many people and quickly react to voice pressure with hoarseness or a feeling of scratchy. That is why we only recommend vocal exercises with light and quiet humming tones that shake up the resonance chambers. If you want to do more for your voice, you should first get personal guidance from a professional voice trainer.
You can also read our blog articles on this topic: Tips for transforming from Knilch to professional + Successfully overcoming fear of speech.
Learn to speak effectively and louder with the rhetoric seminars from stagement
Perfect content research and great formulations are not enough to leave a lasting impression on the audience. The overall impression of the speech is shaped by the convincing use of the voice. If you want to excite with your speech, you not only have to present excellent content, but you should also work on your voice. Regardless of whether you speak too monotonously, too slowly, too quickly, too softly or too loudly. Each voice can be changed and improved through specific exercises.
With the help of the above exercises you can strengthen your vocal power and thus learn to speak louder. However, a voice that is too weak in the chest and head is not always the cause of speaking too softly. In some cases, a low voice is the result of nervousness and stage fright. In the rhetoric seminar we work on your speaking speed, your vocal power, pronunciation and pause technique, so that you can use your voice as a reliable and versatile instrument to inspire and convince others.
We have designed various rhetoric seminars for you, in which you learn to use your voice in a more sonorous and convincing manner.
Source / picture
© cristovao31 / Fotolia.com
Category: Communication, personality training, fear of speech, voice and speech training Keywords: speak clearly, learn to speak louder, improve your voice
- What is the vehicle that you regret buying
- Who is Bill Burr
- Which is the oldest scripture that describes reincarnation
- What is a hole
- Do multicultural marriages work
- How is productivity in the workplace determined
- Is math necessary for this?
- Jenny Mccarthy is pregnant
- How do I start the online invitation website
- How flexible are you physically
- How does the ND 1000 filter work
- Have you been too lenient with your ex
- Who defeats Ravana except Ram and Bali
- What do ES6 syntax characters mean
- What is destroying my houseplants
- What is meant by utilities
- Why do people like to drink soda
- Disrupts the electronic pest control home birds
- Is it easy to switch branches after 1 year
- How many courses are there after 12th grade?
- Can I eat something without dying
- What is meant by frameworks in programming
- How does slime help children
- Absolutely anything can be classified as information
- What does guru mantra mean
- What is CMDB in BMC Remedy
- What is Nicol Prism
- What is the full form of BZ
- How is it in Valdiva Chile
- What are some interesting facts about Punjab
- Is the Rivigo company good or bad
- Cancer therapy is available as home care
- Who is death