Why is Golf Fitness Necessary
Golf Fitness - 9 Exercises & Instructions to Use at Home
Golf training not only includes honing the right technique on the driving range. A body that is specially trained for strength and flexibility can withstand greater loads and thus perform better. Golf fitness therefore plays a non-negligible role in the professional sector and amateurs are also increasingly seeing the importance of fitness exercises.
To improve your golf game, we have put together 9 golf fitness exercises for upper body and core training in cooperation with the St. Leon-Rot golf school, which you can carry out at home for sustainable training. You only need a limited amount of additional equipment for golf fitness training.
These online courses will definitely help you to get fitter and more practiced on the next round. Now to the topic overview of the Golf Academy.
Stabilize your upper body
The upper body takes on the most important tasks in golf. In addition to rotation, body tension is a decisive factor for a large swing radius and thus more distance in the golf swing.
Exercise 1 - one-armed windmills
Exercise 1 is called the one-armed windmill and is done while sitting. Christian Marysko explains how it works.
Exercise 2 - T’s
Exercise 2 - T’s should be performed to achieve more stability in the upper back and shoulder area. Trained shoulder muscles have a particular effect on rotation and impact. An exercise ball is required as an aid.
Mobility of the trunk muscles
With the correct torso rotation, a lot of power can still be extracted in the golf swing. For this reason, this area of the body should be specially trained. The following exercises can be performed for this.
Exercise 3 - Hip Shift & Rotation
The normal golf swing address position is assumed for this exercise. Christian Marysko explains how you can then train your hip area for more power.
Exercise 4 - forearm support with leg raises
This exercise is to be carried out at different levels of difficulty. The normal forearm support is only held with the basic tension. For the advanced version, the tension is increased by lifting one leg. Marco Bräuninger from GCSLR explains how it works.
Exercise 5 - side support with rotation
This exercise is also an advanced variant. To get started, the basic position can be held initially. This training session improves core and upper body tension.
Exercise 6 - side plank with hip raises
The exercise in the side support can also be performed dynamically with a movement of the hip. To do this, take the basic position and then start lifting and lowering.
Exercise 7 - Bridging
The glutes and back are trained with bridging, also known as the bridge position. Hold the tension for 10 seconds and repeat it several times.
Exercise 8 - bridging with foot tipping
This exercise is another variation of bridging. Take the basic position with your pelvis raised. In order to increase the level of difficulty and to increase the effects of the exercise, the feet are alternately lifted.
Exercise 9 - bridging with leg extensions
The exercise is even more demanding if the legs are alternately extended from the basic position. It is important that the hips do not tilt to the side, but are held stable.
Important information on golf fitness training
- When exercising, make sure that the exercises are performed cleanly and slowly.
- Take the time to exercise. After each phase of tension, an appropriate break is part of regeneration.
- Do the exercises in multiple sets and repetitions.
- Exercise regularly so that you can feel the success of your golf fitness training on the next round of golf.
More fitness exercises for golfers
Would you like to train specifically at home in order to lower your score in the future? With the academy from Golfstun.de you have great materials and instructions.
Among other things, it includes:
- 400 meter long drives
- Discover your putt potential
- Fitness exercises for golfers
- Effective golf training
- Perfect short and long game
Click here for the online course.
No comments yet.
What do you think?
- Which wedding flower websites would you recommend
- What if we abolished all antitrust laws?
- Should we meditate before studying
- How can I stop talking to everyone
- Can hate be a useful emotion
- How important are rest days
- How can we help traveling Quorans connect?
- Why do some hate criticism
- How can I change my current situation?
- Why is CH3COCH2COCH3 more acidic than CH3OCOCH2COCH3
- What is the GoPro Million Dollar Challenge
- Mark Cuban is Jewish
- Use Twitter regularly
- How is the University of Twente for Mechanics
- Should the FBI investigate the Kavanaugh hearing
- Realme XT has an AMOLED screen
- Rocket scientists are open people
- Is it safe to use bluetooth headphones?
- Is piercing your body disrespectful
- What is a junior senator
- What is indoor skydiving
- Is the NIOS test valid for medical purposes?
- Is temperament a key to success
- MS Office certification is worth it
- Why did Solar City fail
- Why is paper edible or why not
- What is ion oxide
- What are the benefits of shorthand
- Let's limit the range of the hotspot
- Can we save SMS on SIM cards
- Is a symbiotic reality
- What is the most beautiful university
- Did India take precautionary measures against nuclear attacks
- Is funding necessary for a start?