What is the nerve tissue
English: nervous tissue
Nerve tissue is one of the four basic tissues of the human body. It forms the basis of the nervous system. Its job is to transmit signals between different body structures.
Nerve tissue consists of two classes of cells:
- Neurons (nerve cells): They are responsible for the actual signal transmission.
- Glial cells: in their entirety, they form the neuroglia and are responsible, among other things, for nourishing the nerve cells.
Glial cells and neurons form a tight functional unit in the nervous system.
Compared to other types of tissue, nerve tissue is only able to regenerate to a limited extent because neurons are post-mitotic cells that can no longer divide. It is therefore a permanent tissue.
In the adult brain, cell replacement is ensured by neuronal stem cells that are not yet differentiated and that can form neuroblasts and young neurons. They are located in the hippocampus and in the subventricular zone (SVZ). The replacement cells can migrate from the SVZ to other regions of the brain and make contact there with existing groups of neurons. The scope of the renewal is, however, severely limited by the complex processes. If there is extensive loss of brain matter - e.g. through a cerebral infarction - the defect is healed, in which the nerve tissue is replaced by glial cells.
- How risky is it with unlimited liability
- Having a positive attitude can be complicated
- What is the nature of the universe
- Why is too much tea bad to drink?
- Why were early space flights unmanned
- How good is this blog
- How do I unlock HIGHLY ENCRYPTED PDFs
- How did Blackstone get its name?
- How can I add flavor to the dishes?
- What is the hearsay rule
- What is your instant karma
- What makes a business idea ridiculous
- Where has the planet Pluto gone?
- What is a promethazine suppository used for?
- Which stones are used for ceramics
- Why has Mercedes lost in popularity in India
- Why do Americans generally dislike karaoke?
- Can you die of pollen
- Why do some companies create in-house startups
- What is some recent research on cancer
- What is the point of water towers
- You can wash a fluorite crystal
- How's the IOL Chemicals stock for investment
- How can I glue silicone rubber