Which schools have the best international reputation?
The best elite boarding schools in the world
The term elite boarding school appears again and again. What is actually meant by that? And is the term still relevant today?
Whether a school can be called an elite boarding school is determined from the outside. As a rule, it takes many generations of students for a school to earn this title. But for many, the term has a negative connotation from our history. Because he can remember a time when the elite was not determined by performance, but by birth or party membership. Because of this tradition, some political camps still suspect him today. But the assessment is beginning to change. We understand that we need elites: especially if they are understood as a responsible elite.
What is an elite boarding school?
When a school is designated as an elite boarding school, a high level of academic achievement is usually expected. This often goes hand in hand with a long tradition and the popularity that has grown as a result.
And it is often the former students who create the reputation of an elite boarding school; this is especially true for boarding schools in Anglo-Saxon countries. Famous boarding school students include Winston Churchill, he was a student at the famous Harrow School, John F. Kennedy, he attended Canterbury School, and Mark Zuckerberg, with whom the Phillips Exeter Academy can be adorned. But German boarding schools have also produced well-known alumni. Let me just remind you of the former BMW boss Eberhard von Kuenheim, who spent part of his school days in Salem.
The admission requirements for elite boarding schools:
So-called elite boarding schools are almost always private schools. You have clear expectations of new students:
- good to very good school grades
- Recommendations of the school attended so far
- a self-written letter of motivation
- standardized entrance tests
- the willingness not only to think about delegating success, but also to get involved in the community.
What do elite boarding schools cost?
The cost of attending an elite boarding school hardly differs from other boarding schools. In Germany they are between EUR 1,500 and EUR 3,500. In Great Britain at around 30,000 to 40,000 euros, in the USA or Canada between 35,000 and 55,000 euros. Swiss elite boarding schools are consistently more expensive; here the annual fee is between 65,000 and 130,000 SFR per year.
The most famous elite boarding schools in Germany are Schule Schloss Salem, Louisenlund, Schloss Torgelow, the Birklehof or the Landheim Schondorf
In England everyone knows Sevenoaks, Ardingly, Fettes or Oakham
And in Switzerland these include Aiglon College, Beau Soleil, the Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz and the Institut auf dem Rosenberg.
You can find detailed information on the subject in the article "Elite forging" by Dr. Detlef Kulessa.
- Which president never owned a pet?
- Should WordPress continue its development from Gutenberg
- Is CNG viewed as harmful or as biogas
- What does 3 mean in text 1
- How can I use IPv6 today
- What is a bug in this java code
- Why is SQlite serverless
- What are some annoying double standards
- What is load balancing in AWS
- What are the limitations of traditional RDBMS
- What is the Helmholtz coil
- How did Moschino die
- What are the best epoxy mortars
- What Are Some Common Twitter Marketing Mistakes
- Is 3-strand DNA possible
- How beautiful is Germany
- What is the market size for benzoic acid
- What are the predefined topics in CS
- What a berry tree is that
- What is the violation of fundamental rights
- How similar is MARSOC to the Army Rangers
- What is server colocation
- What is the algorithm behind LinkedIn Pulse
- What were Ramses II's main achievements