What are the benefits of grounding
Forum: Analog electronics and circuit technology Advantages and disadvantages of earthing the extra-low voltage side
Hello! Can someone tell me which DIN / VDE guidelines must be observed when I operate a device with a metal housing and a 230V switching power supply on low voltage. In this case the secondary side of the device should be earthed. I am also interested in the advantages and disadvantages of such a grounding. I see the advantage that disturbances generated by my device are dissipated directly to the ground and do not come to the outside. In addition, voltages that are applied to the housing from the outside should be conducted directly to ground without affecting the circuit. I see a disadvantage in the fact that interference generated in the device is fed directly into the network via the ground. Is that right so far? Is there more? Thanks!
If your circuit is connected to another protective ground via a data cable (e.g. serially), there could be problems.
Write an answer
Providing an email address is voluntary. If you would like to be automatically informed by e-mail about replies to your post, please log in.
Important rules - read first, then post!
- Use upper and lower case
- Do not insert longer source code in the text, but as a file attachment
Formatting (more information ...)
- [c] C code [/ c]
- [code] Code in other languages, ASCII drawings [/ code]
- [math] Formula in LaTeX syntax [/ math]
- [[Title]] - Link to article
- Insert reference to another post: right-click on the post title,
"Copy address" and paste it into the text
- How to make pulled pork
- Can today's AI override its own rules?
- Bodybuilding can be done without drugs and steroids
- How are proteins purified
- What is the greatest strength of an orc
- Who are diplomats who have committed crimes
- How does Commondo 3 make a lot of money
- Why is dissociative identity disorder considered bad
- How can embedded systems generate force
- Who is the Most Overrated Naruto Character
- How does a campus interview work
- Shrek is a story about Stockholm Syndrome
- When is the excise duty due?
- Any advice to start day swing trading
- What is BMS
- Can Ashley Madison survive as a company
- How is life in Scotland
- Why is Gautam Gambhir always ignored
- What is long-term memory
- What are quantum numbers of elements
- What are the scientific benefits of vegetarianism
- How is wearable art
- What are some good GIMP tutorials
- When will Miami Beach be underwater?