Swear by alkaline water
Alkaline water: what good is the trend?
Many health problems are said to be related to an "over-acidification" of the body. Basic (alkaline) foods are therefore in vogue. This also applies to alkaline water. But what does it mean? And can it help to bring the acid-base balance into balance?
The acid-base balance
Do you often feel tired, listless or do you have no appetite? That can be done on one Hyperacidity of the body. The so-called Acidosis can also cause skin problems, make muscles and joints painful and increase susceptibility to infections. Stress, too little exercise and an unhealthy diet can increase the effects.
With such diffuse symptoms, one often does not even think of a disturbance in the body's own acid-base balance. One counts healthy balance to the basic building blocks for a healthy life. If it is disturbed, the organism gradually becomes ill. It is therefore important to avoid over-acidification. A balanced and healthy diet is one of the foundations of a balanced acid-base balance.
What is basic water?
If the PH value If water is above 7, it is called basic or alkaline water. The terms basic and alkaline are used synonymously. But what is the pH value actually? In short: it indicates whether an aqueous solution or liquid has an acidic or basic character. The measuring scale ranges from 0 to 14. If the pH value is below 7, the solution is acidic. If the pH is above 7, the solution is basic or alkaline. A pH value of 7 is called pH neutral. The solution in question is then neither basic nor acidic.
The pH of the blood is particularly important. This is usually 7.40 and may only fluctuate by around 0.05, otherwise the metabolism will no longer function smoothly. Many swear by an alkaline diet in order to increase the body's own acid buffer.
Make alkaline water
You can easily make alkaline water yourself. There are several possibilities for that:
- Even if Lemons taste sour, they have a basic effect in the body. Cut a lemon into slices, quarters or eighths and add them to two liters of water. Do not squeeze the lemon, but let it stand overnight - covered at room temperature. Your alkaline lemon water is ready.
- Alkaline water can also be used with Baking soda produce. Also known as baking soda, the powder is very basic. Add a teaspoon tip to a glass of water and stir thoroughly.
- pH drops, which you can buy for a few euros, contain highly concentrated alkaline minerals. Just put them in the water. Be sure to read the package insert when doing this.
- So-called water ionizers are a relatively expensive method. With these electrically operated devices, which are also called water dividers, you can also make water basic. However, such a device costs several hundred euros.
Modest study situation
Proponents of alkaline water attribute a variety of healthy effects to it. For many of the ascribed properties, however, no meaningful studies are available so far. There is no scientific evidence. What is certain, however, is that you should avoid drinks that are acidic in the body, or at least drink only reduced amounts. These include, for example, soft drinks with a lot of sugar such as cola and soda, but also alcohol, coffee and black tea.
The fact is:Water is ideal as the main daily drink. The best way to do this is to eat a lot of vegetables and fruit, relatively little meat and ensure regular exercise and sufficient relaxation phases. The best thing to do is to drink a mineral water like that from Gerolsteiner, which is not only pleasantly refreshing, but also provides you with valuable minerals. In any case, you are doing something good for your health.
- What is the German word for output
- Who is the father of modern genetics
- Which country eats the most yogurt
- What is the future of politics
- What did Jesus say to Saint Faustina?
- What is an art house film
- How can I reduce personnel management costs
- Why should I take an MBTI test
- What is your favorite AI algorithm
- How much sexual intercourse does a vagina loose
- Who are the top ten oil exporters?
- Do you believe in subliminals
- How does capsaicin bind to TRPV1
- How do you get your kicks 1
- Why are nipples sexualized
- What's so special about Yelagiri Hills
- What is credit
- Can homeopathy be really effective
- How to understand English with a French accent
- Why are some parrots featherless
- Loved Stannis Shireen
- Why we love used books
- What is a corporate structure
- Who coined the expression majority and when