What is a second derivative
First and second derivatives
We will deal with the first and second derivatives of differential calculus in this mathematics article. The focus is initially on the formation of these derivations. In a follow-up article we will look at the benefits of higher derivatives.
In differential calculus one often needs two-way derivatives of a function in order to examine it more closely. In this article we will show you how to make these derivatives. To do this, however, it is absolutely necessary that you know what a derivative actually stands for. You should also already know the basic rules of derivation. If you still have gaps in these areas, the following articles are available to you:Show:
In math lessons, a function is usually given in the form y = f (x). If you derive the function, you get y '(pronounced: Y-dash). If you derive y ', you get y' '(Y-two dash) and so on. The number of "lines" indicates which figure is present. The rules for forming higher derivatives do not change. The following examples show you how this works.
Example 1 (factor rule / power rule):
- y = 3x3
- y '= 9x2
- y '' = 18x
Example 2 (sum rule):
- y = 5x + 6x3
- y '= 5 + 18x2
- y '' = 36x
Example 3 (product rule + factor rule):
- y = (5x3 -2x) (2x)
- y '= (15x2 - 2) (2x) + (5x3 - 2x) (2)
- y '= 30x3 - 4x + 10x3 - 4x
- y '= 40x3 - 8x
- y '' = 120x2 - 8
method: Forms the first derivative of the function with the derivation rules. Then, if possible, simplify the function and derive it again. If even higher derivatives (y '' ', y' '' 'etc.) are required, the procedure is applied again. With the knowledge of higher derivatives it is now possible to investigate extreme value problems.
Who's OnlineWe have 1123 guests online
- Which trees bind nitrogen in the soil
- What is the martial arts industry
- What is the oldest Haggadah
- How am I supposed to understand the world
- Can eBay Sellers Find Out My Age
- Should I buy a property management business?
- Can neodymium magnets be demagnetized?
- Why is the school a living hell?
- Why are Koreans obsessed with their skin care routine
- How to order sleeping pills online
- What is the ranking of Shoolini University
- What is your favorite annual conference
- Is Soylent the future of food
- What should a mentoring teacher do
- What is flora and fauna of Goa
- Why has Mercedes lost in popularity in India
- How accurate is the map location of Snapchat
- Are pandas endemic to China
- Is Bill Shorten charismatic in real life
- Who invented the light?
- How is a mercury barometer interpreted
- How can ISIS beheadings be justified
- Are ceiling fans cost effective
- What variant of English do Scandinavians learn