What are some examples of a constant
Imagine you walk into a room that is lit by 10 candles. If you now light an 11th candle, then you can probably still perceive the difference in brightness. But if there are 100 candles at the beginning and you turn on the 101st candle, then there is probably no difference in brightness (example by von Galanter, 1962).
Ernst Heinrich Weber was the first to discover that the difference threshold is not constant, but depends on the initial stimulus - in 1834.
This fact can be expressed in the following formula:
The proportion remains constant, no matter how intense the standard stimulus is! The larger the Weber constant k, the more change it takes to feel a difference!
The Weber constant has no unit. Here are some Examples for values of the Weber constant:
Unfortunately Weber's law does not apply unreservedly: the sensation differs slightly in the peripheral areas!
- What causes teardrop infections
- How to make bitumen
- Why do spinach plants turn yellow
- Are the first impressions correct?
- What is a credit account application form
- Why were there huge beings in front of us
- Which factors influence copyright
- What is classical physics
- How do hydrogen bombs work
- How can I cure my sex problem
- Why does America have the electoral college
- Why was Network Marketing MLM started
- Are accidental death benefits taxable
- Will AI replace science?
- Do we need more universities 1
- Overrated your job title
- How can I treat other people psychoanalytically
- Is Aditi Rao Hydari really beautiful
- Can I become an investor with 300?
- What are scalars and vectors in physics
- Which language is better PHP or NET
- Who murdered Patrice Lumumba
- What harvest is Mississippi known for
- Smashbox step by step contour kit
- Which Olay cream is the best
- What is Disposable Syringe Making Machine
- Is a symbiotic reality
- Use the Sensy Smart Remote
- How does microbial fermentation work
- What is the mini world in a database
- Should the US strengthen its military?
- What is a negative loyalty strategy
- What are your favorite video game problems
- Are Volvo cars worth the investment?