Is the Bhagavad Gita an extremist book
The Bhagavadgita at B.G. Tilak (eBook, ePUB)
Student thesis from 2006 in the department of Indology, grade: 1.0, Humboldt University Berlin (History and Society of South Asia), event: The Indian national movement and the Hindu-Muslim question, 5 sources in the bibliography, language: German, abstract : The Bhagavadgita is one of the most important works of ancient Indian literature and its influence on the cultural and political life of India extends from the recent past to the present. In terms of content, it is a philosophical-religious didactic poem that takes up chapters 25 to 42 of the sixth book in the great Indian epic Mahabharata. In the Gita, the essence of the ancient Vedic knowledge and the Upanishads is vividly summarized. The list of translators and commentators - local and foreign - seems endless, and there is hardly a Hindu sect in India today that does not also derive its teaching (s) from the Gita. Using a few starting points, the present work aims to find out in which form the Bhagavadgita was interpreted by the Indian nationalist Bal Gangadhar Tilak during the time of the Indian national movement in the 20th century: Which chapters play a special role for the interpreter? Which verses might directly serve nationalist ideas and ideologies?
For legal reasons, this download is only possible with a billing address in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK can be delivered.
- Product details
- Published by GRIN Verlag
- Number of pages: 17
- Release Date: July 17, 2007
- ISBN-13: 9783638826235
- Item no .: 51026823
- What is meant by frameworks in programming
- What clothes make a man look sexy?
- How do I work with SEO
- Is H3PO4 a diprotic acid
- Why does Sakura have short hair
- Why do we patent our biotechnology products
- Why did Petyr Baelish kill Ros
- How did IIoT support business operations
- Studying abroad costs a lot
- Is the Shobhit University a fake university?
- Why doesn't MIT use the popular app
- What are the strongest WiFi passwords
- How were synthesizers invented
- How are bibliometrics created
- Some atheists watch porn
- Why is America so fearless at war
- How is quality assurance implemented in mobile apps
- How long should it be before it continues
- There are billions in Venezuela
- Can Daenerys Targaryen be killed in wildfire
- What is the science behind being full
- How can photons have an electric field?
- Makes Baidu a little better than Google
- What is bluetooth 5 0