Is fear a medical term
English: anxiety, fear
anxiety is an undirected emotional state that signals an undefined threat.
It is characteristic of fear that it relates to an indefinite situation. On the other hand, there is fear, which relates to concrete situations. Fear of spiders must therefore correctly be described as fear of spiders. In colloquial language, "fear" and "fear" are often used synonymously.
Fear is a physiological emotion. It only gains disease value when it is triggered for no reason or by inadequate stimuli. A distinction is therefore made between:
3.1 Physiological, justified fear
- Fear of war
- Fear of sickness
- Fear of losing a loved one, etc.
3.2 Pathological, unfounded fear
- Fear of spiders
- Fear of elevators
- Fear of flying
The symptoms are derived from the stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system, which is supposed to prepare for flight or fight:
There are also symptoms that cannot be explained by sympathetic excitation:
- increased bladder and bowel activity
- Disorders of thinking and perception
- Excitement, possibly panic
These symptoms usually subside quickly after the threat experienced.
If the symptoms of anxiety appear for no reason or as a result of an inadequate stimulus, they are pathological. Then one speaks of an anxiety disorder.
- Will France have another revolution?
- What are quantum numbers of elements
- What are the best strategies in the stock market
- What was Jay Cutler's best NFL season
- Which country eats the most yogurt
- Why are you so verbose
- What is innovative digital marketing
- What is corrosive
- What is RPA about
- Why is GoFundMe not operating in Nigeria
- How effective is trazodone for treating depression
- Are there black people in Lithuania
- Is freedom possible without responsibility
- What is meant by mains frequency voltage
- What do we call a seamstress
- What is Kylie Jenners business to do?
- What are the best gcse resources online
- Is it a bad thing to be subjective?
- What is a software company
- Where was Kittur Rani Channamma born
- What causes puberty to begin
- Who is Francis Crick
- Are there administrative offices in the IIIT Hyderabad
- What are muffled R B music